Title: Great IoT ideas out there but how the hell do we implement the “front end” ?
Presenter: Philip Lark, Engineering Manager, Braetec
Description: No service provider spans the full spectrum of IOT technologies and organisations looking to implement such projects will always need to work with multiple companies to implement an IOT solution. One of the biggest skill gaps we see in practice is sensor connectivity, RF connectivity to an IoT gateway and getting the data to the Cloud.
We see a lot of great IoT ideas but often proponents have no real idea of how to get their data from sensors to where they want it or how to carefully work through the multiple engineering issues at the “front end”.
Design issues that need to be considered include:
- What sensors are required? What physical interfaces?
- How do we interface sensors and get sensor data to the gateway?
- What RF Frequencies should we use: 433 MHz, 920 MHz, 2.4 GHz?
- What network topologies should we use?
- How do we get the data from the gateway to the Cloud where an app can access the sensor data?
- What are the security issues surrounding sensors and connectivity to the cloud?
- How do we manage large networks of sensors, RF modules and GWs?
This webinar is ideal for those want to develop practical appreciation of integrating the front end of IOT solutions to the back-end platforms.