Title: Project management for the Internet of Things.
Description: Project management of IoT projects can pose special challenges, which arise from the range of complex technologies which are typically incorporated into an IoT system. Project teams will typically be challenged by technologies with which they are unfamiliar, and will need to seek assistance from suppliers and expert consultants. The presentation will identify these challenges, and provide practical strategies for overcoming them.
What you will learn:
- How to specify IoT system technical requirements
- Identification and selection of technology solutions
- Recognising and overcoming technical risks
- Determination regulatory requirements and how to comply with them
- Team skills and competencies
- A staged approach to development
- Dealing with aspects where specialist assistance may be required
About the presenter: Genesys founder and CEO Geoff Sizer has a lifelong passion for electronics and technology, and an ongoing commitment to the electronics engineering profession. He has more than 35 years experience in electronic product development ranging from complex systems to simple consumer goods for a diverse range of industries and applications. Geoff is a Fellow of Engineers Australia, a Chartered Professional Engineer and registered on the National Professional Engineers Register. As a former President of the IREE, Geoff was instrumental in the formation of the ITEE College in Engineers Australia and is a past chair. He has championed the formation of the Applied IOT Community of practice.. During his career Geoff has acted as a Director or Chief Technical Officer for several leading technology